Tuesday 3 May 2016

Trump character work



This is a load of character drawings I've done on my target Donald Trump as i decided to fully focus on him as i take a certain disliking to him shall i say…


I started off with a mind map on mr trump so i could work out what i didn't like about him and then try and translate it into my character drawings but the challenge was to still make my drawings resemble him in some way even through the use of caricaturing certain features of him. 








This is one example where i 'built' on top of the existing image of the avocado from a different photoshop thing i did. I like the combination of the photo and the hand generated aesthetic and may consider for other work. 


I quite like this character for some reason. I fattened him out to add to a more grotesque and slobbish character. 

I like this way of exaggerating his hair, i think it works well with a cartoon version of him as well. I also practiced a quick exercise to test how well i could draw him in an under pressure situation, they turned out pretty well i think. 

These are the two characters i am most pleased with in terms of the effectiveness as a caricature. Simply representing a big headed nature and the fact that he has such a large mouth and he blurts everything no matter how rubbish it sounds.

This is a drawing I've done highlighting his juvenile nature as i have depicted him as a baby. I have included a building block 'trump tower' as most caricatures will always have some sort of side comment to the main subject. I also captioned it 'next I'm gonna build a wall' which is a satirical comment on how he says if elected president he's going to build a wall at the mexican border to keep the immigrants from coming in illegally, which i find very radical and ridiculous. 

Finally this one is another one of him as a baby as i feel it is a good way of representing how i feel about him and his child like manners and actions. Captioned 'why are you always so full of shit Donald?' which is another satirical way of making it look like thats what the adult in the drawing is saying but its actually me directly making the point. Which in essence is what all caricaturists do, they are presenting exactly what they would say but through the medium of there drawings and often when other people are saying it for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment