Saturday 1 April 2017

Are subculture still relevant - Youtube discussion

I found this really good video today which is just two guys discussing what it says on the tin. I did admittedly judge them at first and thought they were a bit dorky but i found the video quite useful and interesting as i'm not sure its a general question that is asked enough as generally no-one is really 'bothered' about subcultures today. I feel that most people probably including myself are more than happy to not follow one thing specifically and use a whole mixing pot of ideas and influences to shape who they are...good lord that sounds pretentious. 

The only thing about this video is they are American (or maybe Canadian i'm not entirely sure) and i am focusing my ideas and research around British culture and there is the but its a good overview of how subcultures are viewed in todays terms even if it isn't an in depth analysis into the exact area i am looking for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment