Tuesday 25 April 2017

Visual Journal Crit - feedback

 Here is the feedback from the crit which we had yesterday where we displayed our visual journal work something i was quite apprehensive about because i had done most of my journal work or at least what i have done so far over easter so was nervous to see what people thought. I was also apprehensive to see what everyone else has done as i was worried they'd have done a lot more than me which kind of was the case but there were also people who had done a similar amount with certain things left to finish. 

I did get some pretty good feedback, with the drawings i had done being received pretty well. I could see that in the other journals people had filled more pages with generally rough experiments as opposed to portraiture that takes me forever to draw and over the holidays i had done 20 of them so it meant that i never actually got as much work done as i thought i had because they individually took too long. Which is why some of the comments stress on considering how to simplify the drawings down to almost symbolism which i feel could work but with my drawing style id probably be reluctant to. 

There is still much work to be done in my journal including starting the other side as i was worried about that too and it seems a lot of people have gone through the whole book something i'm not sure i can fully complete with the time left. On the other side i am also unsure on what the content shall be although i do know that i need to link in essay subject of Mod culture so i think i will fill it with collage purely because it is a quick and easy yet effective way of approaching the visual investigation and others have opted for collage for that reason as well. So with the essay still to finish and my journal theres a lot on my playe before hand in. 


No comments:

Post a Comment