Monday 4 December 2017

Sketchbook 'experimenting' (initial stages)

These are a couple of pages from my sketchbook which show examples of my thought processes so far with working and listening to music. There isn't anything i'm particularly pleased with at this stage however i am aware that i am only in the initial stages. 

I tried thinking in an experimental and almost scientific sense in terms of how i approached the mark making. 



In one of my tutorials Jamie suggested a musician that goes by the name of CFCF and his real name is Michael Silver. So i gave him a go and tried one of his many albums, in fact his debut album Continent. On this album is an incredible aptly named track called 'You hear colours' so i decided to use it as my basis for initial visual investigation.  


I have used oil pastel to create the three following images. I quite like the resulting textures and the variant of marks that you can see however i don't think it was the most effective medium for working alongside music as there is not much variety in responding to the sounds as eventually you just get a full blocked in page. Especially when the track is fast paced and five minutes long, so i would have looked like a mad man whilst doing these. 





No comments:

Post a Comment