Tuesday 16 January 2018

Artist inspiration - John Squire

These are examples of work that i guess has subconsciously inspired my newfound way of working. I particularly feel it has inspired one of the album cover type images that i have done. This is the work of John Squire who is actually the former guitarist of the Stone Roses so it doesn't get much closer than that in terms of responding to music baring he mind helped create it for the band. 

The 'expressiveness' is what i'm drawn to. Its in a jackson pollock-esque way, which i have recently been thinking about and applying technique wise in my own work. It is a mark of in a way how i am moving into a more abstract sense of illustrating and working within my Practice. I wish to carry it on and depending on if i continue to push my own boundaries then i am quite excited to see where it goes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment