Thursday 18 January 2018

Summative Statement


Overall i have throughly enjoyed and most importantly have benefited from this years COP module. I knew from the start that my essay and then of course the practical would be geared towards the subject of Music, as my work always is but it was deciding exactly what kind of specific area i would be tackling. The eventual area of emotional resonance was chosen and this has been a very interesting subject area as it means that i now think of my visual work with a more in depth understanding in terms of how it translates what the music and sounds ultimately would look like, this is very important, the simple terms of illustrating 'what the music looks like.' I have also found a great influence in the work of Stanley Donwood as it is evident he applies the same ways of thinking for how the visual must translate the essence and feeling of the music. 

As a result of my Practical work i have opened up a new side to my practice completely and i am very pleased with the fact that this is one of the ways the module has benefitted my work. I have always been mindful of textures and have usually included it into my work however with the ways in which i was researching for this project and how i have new informed ideas there is a completely different kind of awareness towards the importance of textures within my practice. The way in which it creates emotion or resonance through its aesthetic of the materials used or the colours in the work for example. With all that in mind i am very intrigued to see how else i can push my practice further, with these new informed ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment